Online Courses and Resources
Please click on the tabs below for online courses, resources, and useful links.
This eLearning site is provided by UBC Faculty of Medicine’s Continuing Professional Development (UBC CPD).
- Fetal Health Surveillance
- Pediatric Simulation Assisted Emergency Medical Procedures (PEMP)
- Simulation-Assisted Emergency Medicine Procedures (SEMP)
- Ultrasound Guided Emergency Medicine Procedures (UGEMP)
This is UBC’s enterprise level online Learning Management System (LMS).
- AECOPD-Mob: Acute exacerbation of COPD
- Basic Surgical Techniques
- Basic Surgical Techniques and Trauma Evaluation and Management Simulation (TEAM-SIM)
- e-Learning@Surgery – Department Grand Rounds
- Foreign Body Diagnosis and Removal
- Human Factors in Medicine
- Introduction to Simulators
- OBGYN-600: Obstetrics and Gynecology Lectures and Videos
- Fundamental Critical Care Support (FCCS)
- Simulation Fellowship Program
CCRS and Other
The Course Catalogue Registration System for Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Advanced Clinical Nursing Management
- COPD and its Management
- Clinical Competence Skill Set (CCSS)
- Clinical Competence Based Simulated Physiotherapy Learning (CCBSP)
- Goals of Care and Advance Planning
- HipE – Challenging the Norm
- Introduction to Comprehensive Procedural Sedation education for RN
- Introduction to Perioperartive Nursing
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Hand
- Total Joint Arthroplasty Outcome Measures Course (TJAOM)
PHSA Learning Hub
- BC Cancer Agency Periperative Nursing – Migration in Progress
- Physical Therapy: Rheumatoud Arthritis
Website: VCC Moodle
- Introduction to the Perioperative LPN Nursing Program
Please review the “GI Endoscopy – Fundamental Skills” at UBC’s GI Mentor online orientation prior to your endoscopy session at CESEI.
Note: The online module will open in a new window, and requires flash to be installed.
In the early 1990s, Doctors Wally Chung and Madeleine Chung endowed a fund to support a department-wide research forum. The Chung Research Day showcases research endeavors in the Department of Surgery covering topics in basic, clinical and education research. More information on the Chung family’s contribution to academic life and to the community can be found at: THE CHUNG COLLECTION
Chung Research Day takes the format of a day-long academic session followed by a reception. At the reception, research prizes in the following areas are presented:
- Chung Research Day Presentation Prizes
- Dr. R. J. Finley Senior Scholar Award
- Dr. H. W. Johnson New Investigator Award
Main Website: UBC Chung Day
Abstract Submission Form: 2017 Chung Day Abstract form